To ensure the health and safety of the College community during the COVID-19 pandemic, Library Services has made evidence-based changes to how our physical collections and spaces are accessed and utilized. We will continue to monitor the situation and will consider revisions to policies when it is deemed safe to do so.
Access to the Library and Information Commons is restricted to ACPHS students, faculty, and staff.
Failure to comply with protocols may result in loss of library privileges.
To ensure the health and safety of the College community during the COVID-19 pandemic, Library Services is making evidence-based changes to how our physical collections are accessed.
• Access to our print collection is mediated. Please do not browse the stacks.
• If you would like access to materials let us know. We will retrieve the item(s) for you or scan small sections.
• If you know you will be checking out an item let us know advance to arrange pick-up.
• If do you handle any print materials please do not return them to the shelf. Please return to the designated cart.
• Print books and journals will be quarantined for 3 days between uses.
• Access to technology peripherals is temporarily suspended to minimize risk of virus transmission
• Access to study rooms is temporarily suspended due to social distancing restrictions and to minimize risk of virus transmission
Loan Periods & Renewals
You will be billed for any lost materials. Unpaid replacement costs for lost materials will result in a bar on your library account and restrictions on your ability to register for classes.
The lending of Reserve print textbooks has been suspended.
As an alternative, search for e-books your professor may have put on Reserve for your course here or by using the Course Reserves link on the Library Homepage. You can search by course number, course name or your instructor's name.
If you do not find the book you need on the Course Reserves page, try using the search box on the Library Homepage to search for the book. If the book is not available online as an eBook and it is required reading for your course, you may need to purchase or rent the book through the Bookstore.
Use of public computers and lending of tablets and tech peripherals (i.e. power cords, Ethernet cords, computer mice etc.) is temporarily suspended. Please bring your own devices and peripherals when you plan on spending time in the Library.
All library materials and equipment should be handled with care. The person using them will be held responsible for any damage that occurs during their use. Please notify someone on the library staff if something is broken or damaged.
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission, food and beverages are prohibited in the Library and Information Commons at this time. Please visit the dining facilities or use outdoor seating for dining purposes.
Anyone disregarding the Food & Beverages Policy will be asked to either dispose of their food/drink or leave the Library or Information Commons.
Those in the Library or Information Commons are expected to:
• Keep all conversations to a minimum and use a hushed voice.
• Silence cell phone ringers and not make or take calls within the library.
• Conduct social conversations outside of the library.
• Keep the music down - even when using headphones.
• Self-police noise levels as much as possible. Ask others who are being disruptive to quiet down. If disruptive patrons do not stop patrons should let a library staff member know.
For your safety and the safety of others, do not leave personal belongings unattended. The Library and Information Commons are not responsible for any lost or stolen personal items. Immediately notify UHA Public Safety of all thefts by calling (518) 244-3177 in Albany and (603) 494-4617 in Vermont.
At this time the ACPHS Library and Information Commons are open for use by students, faculty, and staff. Researchers and scholars not affiliated with the College who have an interest in our collections should contact the Library.