The new Oath of a Pharmacist was adopted by AACP and APhA in November 2021 and reflects the organizations' commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism.
"I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:
- I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my primary concerns.
- I will promote inclusion, embrace diversity, and advocate for justice to advance health equity.
- I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my ability to assure optimal outcomes for all patients.
- I will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to me.
- I will accept the responsibility to improve my professional knowledge, expertise, and self-awareness.
- I will hold myself and my colleagues to the highest principles of our profession’s moral, ethical and legal conduct.
- I will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care.
- I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to prepare the next generation of pharmacists.
I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am entrusted by the public.”